Monday, January 27, 2014

Pie Club Week 23: Key Lime Pie

Week 23 was Key Lime Pie. I was excited to make this pie because it is one that I had not made before, and I really like citrus.

When researching recipes, I came across a lot of green colored pie which used food coloring. I really wanted to make a more authentic pie, and lime juice is not green, so I stayed away from food coloring and extract.

I used a graham cracker crust, fresh key lime juice, zest, condensed milk and eggs for the filling, and a sour cream topping.  I garnished with key lime zest, and that was it. Simple and delicious.


That being said, I do not enjoy sweetened condensed milk, so this was not one of my favorite pies. Everyone who had it really loved it, and I would make it again, it just is not something that I would crave or make for myself. I did really like the how the zest looked and tasted on the top of the pie.


No comments:

Post a Comment