Monday, January 27, 2014

Pie Club Week 17: Opps! Strawberry Basil

At about week 23 of this pie club I moved, and some how skipped week 17 in my posts! moving and packing while also baking pies in the weeks before 23 was hectic, so I am not surprised that I missed this baby but it was a good one! Strawberry and basil come together to make a great combination in a pie.

I had made this pie once before, and it was such a hit that I decided to include it in pie club. For this pie, I used a traditional lattice top. Lattice tops are usually my favorite with fruit pies, but I do vary it sometimes. The filling is simply strawberries, basil, cornstarch and brown sugar, so the basil and strawberries are really nicely highlighted.

Since I skipped this post, I am sure that it is no surprise that I cannot find the pictures either. I hate when I do that! Anyway, this pie bakes up to jammy, perfumey, flaky deliciousness. People are a little surprised at first, and some were even reluctant to try it, but everyone loved it. Even my brother liked it, which pleasantly surprised me. I will make this pie again for sure, and maybe more often than one a year!

No comments:

Post a Comment