Monday, January 27, 2014

Pie Club Week 20: Three Berry

Week 20 was Three Berry Pie, and this is another of my favorites! I have made this pie many times, and knew that I wanted to include it in the pie club.

This pie includes, blackberries, strawberries and blueberries along with cornstarch, salt and sugar. I prefer to use a whole wheat crust when I make this pie because I like the texture of it better with the berries. It is such a simple and delicious pie!

Unfortunately, I again do not have any pictures of this pie, but it is a lattice top and bakes up beautifully with the berry juices bubbling up within the lattice. This pie is the perfect way to highlight and enjoy the flavor of these berries in the season when they are their best. This pie is delicious warm with ice cream, whipped cream or cold. I will make it over and over again!

No comments:

Post a Comment