Monday, January 27, 2014

Pie Club Week 22: Blueberry

Week 22 was blueberry pie. Almost everyone has had blueberry pie, and it is another delicious classic that I knew I wanted to include in pie club.

For my blueberry pie, I use a double pate brisee crust, with the top crust having only one vent in the center. My blueberry pie is pretty tart, so I like to have a lot of crust to balance it. Also, I include some orange and lemon zest and make a glaze out of orange juice. I really love the flavor of a small amount of orange with the blueberry.

I use fresh blueberries and add sugar, cornstarch, blueberry jam and the citrus zest. It is very simple and is my go to when I am craving blueberries. I love sour flavor and my family and friends love this blueberry pie. It is perfect with vanilla ice cream and I will make it every summer!

(Once again, we ate all of it before I thought to take pictures!)

No comments:

Post a Comment