Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Pie Club Week 18: Peach/Raspberry Pie

Week 18 was peach raspberry pie, which I made in a slab version. I do not know if slab pies are something that have been around for a long time, or if this is a new idea. I first saw this idea from Martha Stewart, and thought it was interesting and wanted to give it a try. The basics are still the same, I just rolled the pate brisee out into large rectangles and baked it off in a sheet pan instead of a pie tin. Also, the filling is more spread out, so the flat slices are easy to pick up and eat with your hand. This pie also serves 16, instead of 8, so there are more servings with this version. It would be really nice to take to a party or BBQ.


This peach/raspberry filling is very simple and delicious. It is peaches, raspberries, sugar, cornstarch, lemon juice and salt. I cut holes in the top dough as the vents, and it looked really nice. I would definitely make this pie again with a variety of fillings. It was really fun and well received!

No comments:

Post a Comment